Several other versions of Revolution were also recorded.
"Revolution 1" was the original version of Revolution; Lennon had intended it to be a single, however, the other band members thought it too slow. For more information about Revolution 1, please see this page.
Revolution 1 (Take 20)Edit
Revolution 1 (Take 20) is a bootlegged copy that circulates the internet. It's an extended version of Revolution 1, featuring a longer coda.
YouTube link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQDDfW2pMhk&NR=1
Revolution 9 Alternate MixEdit
Revolution 9 Alternate Mix is a bootlegged copy of Revolution 9. Unlike the original Rev. 9, Revolution 9 Alternate Mix, is shorter and is 8:03 long. This is because the end football chants and Yoko saying "If you become naked" is replaced by an echoey "Take this brother, may it serve you well". In this song, you can hear about halfway through, Paul saying "Revolution take 20" which is from the beginning of "Revolution 1 (Take 20).
YouTube link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDRdMSTAnAg
Revolution (LOVE Version)Edit
The LOVE version is pretty much the same as the single version, except that it comes after "Come Together/Dear Prudence", excludes the solo/third verse and segués into Back in the U.S.S.R.. The version on the DVD is longer then the version included on the soundtrack.
The credits varied among the different versions of the song.
- John Lennon - lead vocal, lead and rhythm guitars, handclaps
- Paul McCartney - bass and handclaps
- George Harrison - lead and rhythm guitar and handclaps
- Ringo Starr - drums
- Nicky Hopkins - electric piano
- John Lennon - lead vocal and backing vocal, lead and acoustic guitars
- Paul McCartney - bass, piano and backing vocal
- George Harrison - acoustic and rhythm guitars and backing vocal
- Ringo Starr - drums and tambourine
- Brass section - arranged and conducted by George Martin (with John Lennon)
- John Lennon - lead vocal, piano, mellotron; electronic and home-made sound effects, tapes and tape loops
- George Harrison - lead vocal, tapes and tape loops
- Ringo Starr - lead vocal
- Yoko Ono - lead vocal
| This article is a stub|
Please expand it if you can.