Paul McCartney started dating Shevell in November 2007. She is a member of the board of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority as well as vice president of a family-owned transportation conglomerate that includes New England Motor Freight. It was announced on 6 May 2011 that the two had become engaged.
On 9th October 2011, McCartney and Shevell were married at Old Marylebone Town Hall where his first wedding took place in 1969. The couple attended Yom Kippur synagogue services the day before out of respect for Shevell's Jewish heritage, but did not seek a religious blessing for their union. Upon their marriage, Shevell became Lady McCartney. McCartney wrote the song "My Valentine", from his 2012 album Kisses on the Bottom, about her.
- ↑ "Nancy Shevell: Vice President – Administration". New England Motor Freight. http://www.nemf.com/nancy.html. Retrieved on 11 July 2011.
- ↑ "Beatles legend Paul McCartney engaged to Nancy Shevell". New York Post. 6 May 2011. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/paul_mccartney_engaged_to_nancy_L2B7GdLg5Uu2SNE8W8ZvQI?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=. Retrieved on 13 May 2011.
- ↑ Danna Hartman & Reuters (2011-10-09). "Paul McCartney’s new bride gets synagogue blessing ahead of wedding". Ha'aretz . http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/paul-mccartney-s-new-bride-gets-synagogue-blessing-ahead-of-wedding-1.388971. Retrieved on 2015-01-13.
- ↑ Simon Rocker (2011-10-11). "Yesterday Paul McCartney went to shul". The Jewish Chronicle . http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/56217/yesterday-paul-mccartney-went-shul. Retrieved on 2015-01-13.
- ↑ Walters, Judy (10 October 2011). "Nancy Shevell becomes Lady McCartney. ". Belle News. http://www.bellenews.com/2011/10/10/entertainment/nancy-shevell-becomes-lady-mccartney/. Retrieved on 11 October 2011.
- ↑ Prince, Daisy, "How Trucker-Girl Nancy Shevell Became Lady McCartney: Who is this mystery New Jersey-ite dating Sir Paul?", The New York Observer, August 2011