|Baby You're a Rich Man|
|Released||July 7, 1967|
|Album||Magical Mystery Tour|
|Also featured on||Single (All You Need Is Love)|
|Recorded||May 11, 1967|
|Magical Mystery Tour guide|
All You Need Is Love
|Single (All You Need Is Love) guide|
Strawberry Fields Forever/Penny Lane
Hello, Goodbye/I am the Walrus
Baby You're a Rich Man is a song by The Beatles, credited Lennon/McCartney. It was recorded on 11 May 1967 at Olympic Sound Studios. This was the first song the Beatles recorded and mixed completely outside Abbey Road Studios. The song was recorded during sessions for the Magical Mystery Tour EP, but was intended for the Yellow Submarine soundtrack. That plan changed when it was used as the B-side to the 'All You Need Is Love' single.
The unusual oboe-like sound was created with a clavioline.
- John Lennon - Lead Vocals, Piano, Clavioline
- Paul McCartney - Bass Guitar (1964 Rickenbacker 4001S), Piano, Harmony Vocals
- George Harrison - Lead and Rhythm Guitar (1961 Fender Stratocaster), Harmony Vocals, Handclaps
- Ringo Starr - Drums, Tambourine, Maracas, Handclaps
- Eddie Kramer - Vibraphone
- Mick Jagger - Backing Vocals?
- George Martin - Producer
- Keith Grant - Engineer
Note: Mick Jagger was present during the recording session, and his name appears on a session tape box, possibly indicating that Jagger sang backing vocals on the song.
| This article is a stub|
Please expand it if you can.