- 9 February - Paul McCartney's new band, Wings, make their live debut at the University of Nottingham in England
- Mid February - John Lennon and Yoko Ono cohost an entire week on The Mike Douglas Show.
- 19 February - Paul McCartney's single "Give Ireland Back to the Irish" (which was inspired by the "Bloody Sunday" massacre in Ireland on 30 January, 1972) is banned by the BBC. The controversy caused by the banning only increases the song's popularity and it ends up in the Top 20 in England.
- 29 February - John Lennon's U.S. immigration visa expires, beginning his three-and-a-half year fight to remain in the country.
- 31 March - Official Beatles fan club closes down.
- [[2 April] - John Lennon and Yoko Ono hold a press conference in New York. The Lennons discuss their appeal of the US Immigration Department's decision to deport John